Ultimate Cosplay Contest
You will need to be available for pre-judging Saturday, April 27th. Pre-judging takes no more than 5 minutes and will be assigned to contestants in 30 minute blocks. Please bring progress photos so we can see the cosplay evolve.
The competition will be held on Saturday, April 27th. You will show off your work to the audience of onlookers and get your photos taken on the runway before the awards are announced.
We welcome all cosplayers to submit their work for our annual awards ceremony. IT IS FREE TO SUBMIT. Please find submission criteria below:
- NOVICE/BEGINNERS must have made at least 50% of your cosplay
- JOURNEYMAN & PROFESSIONALS/MASTER must have made at least 70% of your cosplay
- Journeyman and Professionals/Masters *Must* be available for prejudging, Novice/Beginners it is encouraged.
- Single cosplays will have 3 minutes for prejudging (Beginners/Journeyman) and 5 minutes for Professional/Master. Groups will have 5 minutes, so be prepared.
- You will be asked for progress photos if you can provide them
- Sign-ups will end Sunday August 11th at Midnight!
- Be truthful about the amount of the cosplay that you have made
- Be on time, if not early for prejudging. You will have a set time that can not be rescheduled the week of the show.
- Spots for the live event are limited for each skill level. If applications for a skill level are exceeded, we will have an online pre-judging of that skill level to get down to the limit on Friday April 12th.
- Be on time, if not early for prejudging. Time slots will be scheduled with you in advance so you know exactly when you need to be available for prejudging on April 27th 2024.
Contestant Skill Level
Each category is given points out of 1 being the lowest, 5 being the highest 20 points total.
Category 1 Preparation & Knowledge of Process
Explanation of creative process, progress photos, reference images of character
Category 2: Construction and use of materials
Methods used to create costumes, creativity of construction, use of unusual material, execution of construction
Category 3: Makeup, wig, and Transformation into character
precision in makeup, wig styling, accuracy to character
Category 4: Attention to detail
Embroidery, beading, prop weathering, extra details & accessories that help sell the costume
Cosplay Submission Criteria
Ultimate Cosplay Championship
- Cash Prizes
Skill Level Awards
- Best Professional: 6+ Awards Won
- Best Journeyman: 3-5 Awards Won
- Best Beginner: 0-2 Awards Won
- Judges Choice(s)
- Best Sewing
- Best Armor
- Best Details
- Best Makeup award
- Inspiration Award
- Little Batman Award