- Well-established, professionally-certified, and accredited outlets in print, radio, television, and online publishing mediums may qualify for two free press badges.
- Personal blogs, branded YouTube channels, newly-established websites, self-published podcasts and genre-specific organizations and outlets may qualify for a discounted fee-based press badge(s).
- If accepted based on criteria #1 above, YOU MUST provide a business card which includes your name, the name of your media outlet and a photo ID that matches the name on the business card and this application. Official Media credentials may also function as your business card If you are accepted based on criteria #2, you may be requested to provide a photo ID.
- Exceptions and additional press passes will be provided on a limited, as-requested basis.
- All interviews, photographs, and video footage with celebrity/media guests must be pre-arranged and pre-approved by the PopCon Communications Director. Interviews may not be conducted without pre-written approval from Pop Con LLC.
- Media credentials will be granted only to those outlets interested in providing significant media coverage for PopCon and PopCon-related events and news items.
- Editors, reporters, producers, camera crews and still photographers may qualify for press credentials. Only currently working members of the media will be granted press credentials.
- Prior media credential approval does not guarantee media credential renewal. If Pop Con LLC finds that, for any reason, coverage obligations have not been met in the past, it may choose to not renew media credentials.
- Live broadcasts for TV, YouTube, Twitch.tv, radio, and podcasting must be arranged and pre-approved by the PopCon Communications Director.
- On-site signage is permitted only for exhibiting and sponsoring media.
- Please be prepared to provide a business card or media credentials along with a Photo ID.
- We request that all media produced in regards to Indy PopCon be provided to us. This serves two purposes: One, so we will know it exists, and two, we can promote your content (hey, that’s what we do right?)
Media Coverage Regulations
- Media equipment is allowed in the showroom only during designated show hours and media hours unless pre-approved arrangements are made with the PopCon Communications Director.
- No media organization may take photographs or record images of, or otherwise use, an exhibitor’s booth or media/celebrity guest without the knowledge and consent of the exhibitor.
- Media outlet staff, including camera crews, may not block the flow of traffic for any extended period of time for any reason.
- All photographs or footage taken at Indy PopCon may be used for editorial purposes only. All other uses, including commercial, must be pre-approved.
- No video footage of PopCon live entertainment events including concerts, panels, workshops, or interactive exhibits, may be taken without pre-approval.
PopCon reserves the right to deny press credentials at any time for any reason, including failure to show significant efforts to cover and promote PopCon events and news items. All reports and PopCon coverage cannot contain proprietary information without pre-written approval from Pop Con LLC. Pop Con LLC reserves the right to change qualifications of media representation without notice at any time. Your contact information may be shared with our industry exhibitors and guests.
Application Process for the 2021 show is open. Please email: email@example.com with any inquiries. Thank you!