Covid-19: Updates and Policies
To our PopCon Family
To protect the health, safety and well-being of our fans, guests, vendors, and supporters, we are postponing the in-person summer convention due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. We are heartbroken to make this announcement, but the health of everyone involved is the priority.
Here are the important facts:
- July 10-12 will now be virtual, and anyone that has pre-purchased a ticket will have access to most aspects of that virtual content.
- The PopCon International Film Festival will continue as well, but streaming virtually.
- The PopCon Podcast Awards will also continue virtually.
- We use the word ‘postponement’ above because we are working on the possibility of an in-person event later in the year, again with everyone’s well-being in mind.
- We additionally have our 2021 date at the Indiana Convention Center, and will announce that in the coming weeks.
- Pre-purchased admission holders: your purchase is good for the virtual events, and will also function as your admission to the either the new dates in 2020 (again, that is pending), or the 2021 dates. We truly appreciate you.
- Same as above for vendors, your booth/table space is good for either the postponed dates or the 2021 dates. Thank you for sticking with us during this unprecedented year.
- Our website will always reflect the latest and greatest information available. Please give us a week or so to get it caught up with these changes. Once that occurs, the website will be the definitive source of information.
As so many people look forward to Indy PopCon each year, we want to assure you that we are going to do our best to make everything as enjoyable as possible. Much more to come on how you can best participate in the virtual content. Check www.popcon.us/2020 often.
Purchase with Confidence
2020 Pre-Purchased Products Policy
Indy PopCon 2020 has been postponed due to health and safety concerns related to COVID-19.
1. As a general policy, Indy PopCon does not offer refunds. However, because of the extraordinary circumstances surrounding the pandemic, we have made the following opportunities available if you are willing to roll your purchases forward to the next live event, with our great appreciation:
a. Each pre-purchase ticket holder will be able to participate in most aspects of the virtual Indy PopCon and PopCon International Film Festival, which will still occur from the dates of July 9th – July 12th.
b. All pre-purchased items, including admission and products, will be rolled over to the next in-person event. If that next event is in 2020 and you are unable to attend, your admission and products will then be moved to our 2021 live event.
c. If you choose this route: No action is required on your part, all this will happen automatically.
2. If you would like to donate the cost of your purchases, or to donate additional funds to help us weather the storm and come back PopCon strong for our next live event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you would still prefer a refund, please email us at email@example.com between May 27th and end of day June 9th. We will process your refund minus service fees within six weeks of the request. THANK YOU to all of you that stuck with us! The refund window is now closed.